It aims to support and help the school and its pupils as well as providing opportunities for friendly and cooperative contact between parents and the school.
Being involved with FOSJH is fun! Many parents become involved as a way of meeting other parents and also to proactively help with events which are organised for the benefit of the girls and boys in the school.
We hold a variety of social events during the school year, further details of which can be found on this page. Some of these are arranged for parents, some for the children and others for the whole family. Funds raised at these events are used to purchase items for the school, but not all the events organised are fund raisers- we like to get together because we are a sociable group!
The FOSJH committee usually meets once each half term and we are always happy to welcome new people to become involved. However, there is no obligation to formally join the committee and anyone is more than welcome to help out or attend any of our events without feeling compelled to commit further. But we are sure once you have been to a few events, you will want to!
If you would like any further information about FOSJH please contact the Chair, Rob Arnold.
A First Aid training event – dealing with common situations affecting children.
FOSJH helps with organising and raising money for
- The Annual Family Fun morning (held every September)
- Christmas gifts for Pre-prep children
- Theatre & Pantomine Trips
- Junior and Pre-prep & Reception Parties
- ‘Year 6 Leaving Gifts’ for each Year 6 Girl
- Nearly new uniform sales
- iPads for use across all year groups from Reception to Year 6
- Digital cameras
- New costumes for school productions
- Sports equipment and playground accessories